Call For Papers
4th Paris Spring Corporate Finance Conference
Paris, May 31 - June 1, 2012
Co-Sponsored by The Review of Financial Studies
HEC Paris and Universite Paris-Dauphine are organizing the 4th Paris Spring Corporate Finance Conference under the sponsorship of FBF, the French Banking Federation. The conference is co-sponsored by the Review of Financial Studies under its dual review system. The conference will be held in central Paris on May 31-June 1, 2012.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: David Scharfstein (Harvard Business School)
PROGRAM COMMITTEE: Tim Adam (HU Berlin), Reena Aggarwal (Georgetown), Malcolm Baker (HBS), Murillo Campello (Cornell), Francesca Cornelli (LBS), Martijn Cremers (Yale), Eric De Bodt (U Lille), Francois Degeorge (Lugano), Craig Doidge (Toronto), Ben Esty (HBS), Ruediger Fahlenbrach (EPFL), Joseph Fan (HKUST), Daniel Ferreira (LSE), Miguel Ferreira (Nova Lisbon), Thomas Gehrig (U Vienna), Mariassunta Giannetti (SSE), Todd Gormley (Wharton), Denis Gromb (Insead), Alexander Guembel (Toulouse), Jarrad Harford (U Washington), Clifford Holderness (Boston U), Dirk Jenter (Stanford), Inmoo Lee (KAIST), Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes (Edhec), Roni Michaely (Cornell), Erwan Morellec (EPFL), Holger Mueller (NYU), Tom Noe (Oxford), Fausto Panunzi (Bocconi), Mitchell Petersen (Kellogg), Thomas Philippon (NYU), Manju Puri (Duke), Luc Renneboog (Tilburg), David Robinson (Duke), Jorg Rocholl (ESMT), Berk Sensoy (Ohio State), Laura Starks (Texas), Krishnamurty Subrahmaniam (ISB), Karin Thorburn (NHH Bergen), Ernst-Ludwig von Thadden (U Mannheim), Toni Whited (Rochester), Kent Womack (Toronto).
RFS EDITORIAL SPONSOR: Andrew Karolyi (Cornell)
ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE: Edith Ginglinger (Paris-Dauphine), Ulrich Hege (HEC Paris), Bill Megginson (Oklahoma) [co-chairs], Gilles Chemla (Imperial College and Dauphine), Francois Derrien (HEC Paris), Andrew Karolyi (Cornell).
TOPICS: For this conference, we are soliciting papers, both theoretical and empirical, from a wide range of topics in corporate finance. We expect the paper selection process to be highly selective since only about a dozen papers will be chosen.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Electronic submissions of unpublished papers can be made until November 20, 2011 via the conference website: http://www.pariscorporatefinance.fr
Only one submission per author will be reviewed. Authors will be notified at the end of January 2012. Authors will need to cover their own travel costs.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: November 20, 2011
REVIEW OF FINANCIAL STUDIES DUAL SUBMISSION OPTION: Submissions to the conference can also be submitted to the Review of Financial Studies under its dual review system, with the same submission deadline of November 20, 2011. Authors must indicate on the conference submission website whether they are interested to have their paper considered under this dual review option with the RFS that works as follows:
- There is no charge for submissions under this program.
- Dual submissions will be reviewed by the conference program committee and will be made available for consideration by the RFS.
- Papers submitted for dual consideration must not be under review at another journal or the RFS, nor can they be considered for dual submission if previously rejected by the RFS (though they can be submitted to the conference outside the dual-submission system).
- At the discretion of the RFS, a small number of dual submissions will be sent out for a formal referee report. If such a report is sought, then the paper's authors will receive a copy of the RFS reviewer's report.
- Papers rejected at any stage of the dual review process are not considered to have been "rejected" at the RFS. This also applies to articles sent out for formal review. Thus authors are permitted to submit a future version of their paper (unchanged if they wish) to the RFS without prejudice.
- While under consideration by the conference and the RFS, a paper may not be submitted to another journal (or the RFS) until the author has been notified of the outcome of the dual-submission process.